Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Challenge Winner and New Challenge!!!


This week Random.org chose #3!! Stacie, you're the winner!!! Our featured artist this week is Shellshearer! Yay!

Contact us at doodlepalacedesigns@yahoo.com to claim your 2 FREE images!! Stacie, you get to design a Challenge!!!

Thanks Annmaree!! This was a GREAT Challenge!!

This week our Guest Designer is Daisychain! She has chosen to create a RECIPE Challenge for us this week! Recipe: 3 Buttons; 2 Papers; 1 Ribbon. Take a look at the SUPER CUTE example card!! This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!



Daisychain, aka Christine, has provided us with some "Get To Know You" questionnaire answers so let's take a moment to meet Christine!

What is your favorite craft medium? Watercolour pencils. I find I can control them better than inks or paints, and I don't make such a mess.

What is your favorite scrap item/tool? Without a doubt my Cuttlebug and Wizard Nestabilities. I don't know how I managed before I got them.

What is your favorite paper line/company? I don't have a favourite as such, it depends what catches my eye. I do, however, use quite a few freebie downloads as I'm on a very tight budget. I like Montis Pixel Playground, Joni Gray and Summertime Designs. (I have used Montis Pixel Playground papers on my sample card).

What is your favorite color(s)? I love the soft look of pastels and use them a lot but I also like to use black & white, sometimes with a shock of bright colour thrown in. I'm a typical Gemini so I tend to like opposite looks depending on my mood.

How do you have your scrapboom decorated? Colors, themes, homey, contempo, etc. My craft room is the second largest bedroom in the house and is decorated in 'tropical' colours. The walls are lime green and curtains are lime, orange & yellow. The furniture is a mix of pine & beech. Sometimes, when the weather is good, it even feels tropical.

Are you an animal person? Do they have a place in your scraproom? I'm definately an animal person who has had animals all my life. Until recently I had 2 cats and a dog. Unfortunately this year I lost both of my gorgeous cats, they were 20yrs and 19yrs old. I am just getting used to them not being here. The dog is always in the craft room or at the top of the stairs when I am crafting.

What is your favorite Disney movie? Do you watch TV/Movies while working? Do you get your inspiration from them? I always liked the Disney films that had a young Hayley Mills in, good family films. The only time I watch TV while working is when I am colouring in images downstairs. I tend to listen to the radio in my craft room. I don't think I get inspiration from them for my cards.

Sweet or Savory snacks? Chocolate and more chocolate!

Scary or Romantic movies? Romantic. My favourite is 'Truly, Madly, Deeply' and anything else with Alan Rickman in. I also like to watch family type films like 'Nanny McPhee' and the old 'Ealing Comedys'.

Beach or Snow vacations? I live 10 minutes walk from the beach but tend to go there mainly in the winter. I prefer to spend summer in the countryside. I can't stand the cold snow, I prefer to be warm.

Favorite type of music? Rock music (big 'Queen' fan), Classical and Country

Thanks Christine for a wonderful challenge!! Let's get busy with our cards!!! YAY!!

3 comments: