Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Challenge Winner and New Challenge


Happy Tuesday everyone! We hope everyone is well and having a great time being creative! We would like to announce the winner of Viv's Green, Blue and Bling Challenge....#1 or Daisychain! YAY! I have the Random.org pic but the blog won't take it today. Just my luck...got booted from the server early today and missed lots of time/opportunities to post this now I can't get the pic to work. Oh well...I will keep trying, I swear! =) It is just a little freaky -- Random.org has generated a #1 for the third week in a row! WOW! Anyway...Daisychain, shoot us an email to claim your 2 free images and talk about your Guest Designer spot on the blog!

This week we have Maria Matter as our Guest Designer! She has chosen a Primary Colors (red, yellow, blue) themed challenge since school will be starting soon!




Aren't her example projects TOO CUTE? She has created a card, a pencil holder and then tossed in matching pencils and stickers so the set can be further decorated by the recipient! Great idea!

Let's get to know Maria a little better, shall we... =)

My favorite:
craft medium~ colored pencils, I feel they give me the best control for shading.
scrap/craft tool~I can not be too far from my straight cutter, I have little marking all over it. It's part of me and goes where I go!!
paperline~K&co, hands down!
colors~I like earthtones and muted/vintage colors.
my scrap/crafting area is smack-dab in the middle of my home. We have a huge 'great-room', so I can see my kitchen, dining area, living room and library from my crafting table. That allows me to craft while supervising the cooking and the kids, which we homeschool. My supplies are condensed in a jelly cupboard my husband made me, a file cabinet and various baskets! We built our home to resemble a barn, loft and all. Our decor is primitive country, we even have a real tree in our living room styled for our spiral staircase!
movies~I like action/mystery movies, some of my favorites are The Italian Job, Ocean's 11, Tom Cruise movies!
snacks~oh, I definitely have a sweet tooth and love my milk chocolate!
vacation place~one or two days at the beach is fine, but I'd much rather be a snowbunny!
music~love it all, as long as it has a beat and I can dance to it!

Wow Maria, sounds like you are one busy lady, and lots of fun! Now, let's put our creative caps on and create using Primary Colors in honor of school starting! Yay! Remember, the winner of this week's challenge will recieve 2 free images! Have FUN!! =)

1 comment: