Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Challenge #3 Winner...



This weeks winner is Mrs. Momma! YAY! THANKS so much to everyone who played along! We were very excited to see SO many people participate!

Mrs. Momma, shoot us an email doodlepalacedesigns@yahoo.com to claim your 2 FREE images! Remember, we have a challenge each week and speaking of...Lisa Buttafuoco is this weeks GUEST DESIGNER! Here is a look at the card she created for her challenge.



This weeks Challenge: Cute & Unusual: Thinking Outside the Box

I was amazed to learn that Lisa had used a pair of fishnet stockings on her card. I never would have thought, you know, these would look SO cute on a card, but look...they are SO cute on card! Put your creative caps on and THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX! Have fun!

Since Lisa is our GUEST DESIGNER this week we asked her a few questions to get to know her a little better and we would like to share her answers so you can get to know her a little better, too!

Lisa and her family are HUGE animal lovers so we are already good friends! =)

Lisa has experienced some major hurdles in her recent life, more than I think I could taken, but as a result she has become an avid scrapbooker and cardmaker. Her favorite craft medium is ink/paper, color is GREEN, and her favorite crafting tool is her Cricut.

She doesn't have a favorite paper line/company but does have a lot of DCWV stacks. "My craftroom is stocked with literally thousands of pieces of paper and the funny thing is that sometimes I can't find the paper that I want so I go out and buy more...it's a sickness :)" And, it is contagious because I have it too! =)

How do you have your scraproom decorated? Colors, themes, homey, contemp, etc.
"My craftroom started in the smallest spare bedroom. But I quickly outgrew it and took over the second largest room in our house since at the time it was just me and my husband. I couldn't work after the accident due to my injuries so I went crafting full force. I decided to decorate my craftroom with framed art projects that my kids did and my scrapbook layouts. I lost my only two children two years ago and my way of keeping them 'alive' in my mid is to do scrapbook layouts. I bought all of these frames and had my hubby hang them all around the room. I fill them with some of my favorite scrapbook layouts that I have done of Mikey nad Annemarie and change them out every so often. It makes me feel good that I am surrounded by my angels.

What is your favorite Disney movie? Do you watch movies/tv while working? Do you ever get your inspiration from tv/movies?
"My favorite Disney movie is CARS. That was my son and daughter's favorite movie so they watched it morning, noon and night! It actually is a really cute movie and when I watch it now it makes me smile thinking of how they used to run around acting out the movie. I would love to watch TV while I was working because I would get a lot more done but I don't have a TV in my craftroom...not yet anyways!"

Lisa likes savory snacks usually, Romantic movies (scary ones give her nightmares), 80's music and the beach (although she doesn't like sand on her feet! LOL)

Lisa is an avid animal lover. She adopted a yellow lab/pit mix several years back and Gordon was a huge hit with her kids. She has taken a beautiful layout to the SPCA to hang in their lobby in memory of her daughter Annemarie with pictures of she and Gordon. Unlike my brood of dogs (do dogs come in broods?) Gordon is NOT allowed in her craftroom! =)



Now that you all know Lisa Buttafouco, take a longer look at her sample card and join her CHALLENGE! The winner will be selected using Random.org and win 2 FREE Doodle Palace images! Have fun and Get Busy! =)

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! I'm really having a hard time believing this! This week has been insanely wonderful! This is my third week that I've been doing card challenges on my blog and I can't believe this...

    So exciting!!! Thank you both, so much!! I'll send the email now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is the right post for the Cute/Unusual challenge...I didn't see Mr Linky!

    Hi ladies!!
    here's my card....I used Flower Soft in a 'different' way! :)
    ... Joyful Stamper: Blingity Bling!

    I hope this is what the challenge meant!?
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made my card. I know I'm late, but I wanted to share. Hope it's OK!

    Here is my card. Thank you for looking!

    ReplyDelete